If you have a problem with the services provided by this credit union, please contact us.
Tarrant County’s Credit Union
200 Taylor Street, Suite 215
Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Tarrant County’s Credit Union is incorporated under the laws of the State of Texas and under state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Credit Union Department. If any dispute is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may also file a complaint against the credit union by contacting the Texas Credit Union Department.
Texas Credit Union Department
|In Person:||914 East Anderson Lane, Austin, Texas 78752-1699|
|U.S. Mail:||914 East Anderson Lane, Austin, Texas 78752-1699|
eBanking Terms & Conditions
Equal Credit Opportunity Act
Equal Housing Opportunity
- In the sale or rental of housing or residential lots
- In advertising the sale or rental of housing
- In the financing of housing
- In the provision of real estate brokerage services
- Blockbusting is also illegal
801 Cherry Street
P O Box 2905
Fort Worth, Texas 76113-2905
Equal Opportunity Employer
TCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This Disclosure describes your ability to withdraw funds at Tarrant County’s Credit Union. It only applies to the availability of funds in transaction accounts. The Credit Union reserves the right to delay the availability of funds deposited to accounts that are not transaction accounts for periods longer than those disclosed in this policy. Please ask us if you have a question about which accounts are affected by this policy.
1. GENERAL POLICY — Our policy is to make funds from your cash and check deposits available to you on the next business day after we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. We have different deposit cutoff hours for different deposit locations. The earliest cutoff time that might apply at a staffed facility is 4:00 p.m. If you make a deposit before our cutoff hour on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after our cutoff hour or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. Our cutoff hours are available at the Credit Union.
2. RESERVATION OF RIGHT TO HOLD — In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the next business day that we receive your deposit. Funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. However, the first $225.00 of your deposit will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the next business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the next business day after we receive your deposit. If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available.
3. HOLDS ON OTHER FUNDS — If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another financial institution, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it. If we accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another financial institution, we may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately but delay your availability to withdraw a corresponding amount of funds that you have on deposit in another account with us. The funds in the other account would then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this Disclosure for the type of check that you deposited.
4. LONGER DELAYS MAY APPLY — We may delay your ability to withdraw funds deposited by check into your account an additional number of days for these reasons:
- We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,525.00 on any one (1) day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six (6) months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
5. SPECIAL RULES FOR NEW ACCOUNTS — If you are a new member, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open.
Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,525.00 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state, and local government checks will be available on the next business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,525.00 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,525.00 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit.
6. FOREIGN CHECKS — Checks drawn on financial institutions located outside the U.S. (foreign checks) cannot be processed the same as checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions. Foreign checks are exempt from the policies outlined in this Disclosure. Generally, the availability of funds for deposits of foreign checks will be delayed for the time it takes us to collect the funds from the financial institution upon which it is drawn.
Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Notice
The HMDA data about our residential mortgage lending are available for review. The data show geographic distribution of loans and applications; ethnicity, race, sec, and income of applicants and borrowers; and information about loan approvals and denials.
Member Access to Credit Union Documents
- A summary of the most recent annual audit
- The most recent statement of financial condition; such as non-confidential pages of the quarterly call report provided under Section 122.01;
- Written board policy regarding access to the articles of incorporation, bylaws, rules, guidelines, board policies and copies, thereof
- Internal Revenue Service Form 990
Any of the information above can be requested by writing to:
Tarrant County’s Credit Union
200 Taylor Street, Suite 215
Fort Worth, TX 76196
Notice To Borrowers
- An agreement, promise, or commitment to loan more than $50,000 MUST BE IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY THE LENDER OR IT WILL BE UNENFORCEABLE.
- The written loan agreement will be the ONLY source of rights and obligations for agreements to lend more than $50,000.
- Oral agreements relating to loans over $50,000 are NOT EFFECTIVE either to establish a commitment to lend or to vary the terms of a written loan agreement.
“THIS WRITTEN LOAN AGREEMENT REPRESENTS THE FINAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND MAY NOT BE CONTRADICTED BY EVIDENCE OF PRIOR, CONTEMPORANEOUS, OR SUBSEQUENT ORAL AGREEMENTS OF THE PARTIES.”
is boldfaced, capitalized, underlined or otherwise set out from surrounding written material so as to be conspicuous.
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
Texas Department of Banking
Tarrant County’s Credit Union engages in the money transmission and/or currency exchange business as an authorized delegate of MoneyGram Payment systems, Inc. under Chapter 151 of the Texas Finance Code. After first contacting MoneyGram Payment Systems, Inc., if you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company’s money transmission or currency exchange activity; please direct your complaint to the Texas Department of Banking:
|In Person or U.S. Mail:||Texas Department of Banking
2601 North Lamar Boulevard
Austin, Texas 78705-4294
|Telephone Number:||1.877.276.5554 (toll-free)|
Truth-In-Savings Account Disclosure
Except as specifically described, the following disclosures apply to all of the accounts. All accounts described in this Truth-in-Savings Disclosure are share accounts.
1. RATE INFORMATION — The annual percentage yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on an account based on the dividend rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. For all accounts, the dividend rate and annual percentage yield may change at any time as determined by the Credit Union’s Board of Directors. The dividend rates and annual percentage yields are the prospective rates and yields that the Credit Union anticipates paying for the applicable dividend period. Change is Good Savings and Money Market Tiered accounts are tiered rate accounts. The balance ranges and corresponding dividend rates and annual percentage yields applicable to each tier are disclosed in the Rate Schedule. For tiered accounts, once a particular range is met, the dividend rate and annual percentage yield for that balance range will apply.
2. NATURE OF DIVIDENDS — Dividends are paid from current income and available earnings after required transfers to reserves at the end of the dividend period.
3. DIVIDEND COMPOUNDING AND CREDITING — The compounding and crediting frequency of dividends and the dividend period applicable to each account are stated in the Rate Schedule. The dividend period is the period of time at the end of which an account earns dividend credit. The dividend period begins on the first calendar day of the period and ends on the last calendar day of the period.
4. ACCRUAL OF DIVIDENDS — For all earning accounts, dividends will begin to accrue on noncash deposits (e.g. checks) on the business day you make the deposit to your account. For all accounts, if you close your account before accrued dividends are credited, you will not receive the accrued dividends. However, for Holiday Club and Vacation Club accounts, any accrued dividends will be paid if you close the account within seven (7) days of the date you open it.
5. BALANCE INFORMATION — To open any account, you must deposit or already have on deposit the minimum required share(s) in a Primary Savings account. Some accounts may have additional minimum opening deposit requirements. The minimum balance requirements applicable to each account are set forth in the Rate Schedule. For Primary Savings accounts, there is a minimum daily balance required to avoid a service fee for the dividend period. If the minimum daily balance requirement is not met during each day of the dividend period and this is your only account with the credit union, you will be charged a Single Service fee as stated in the Fee Schedule. New members will be given a twelve (12) month grace period in which to meet minimum balance requirements. For Money Market Savings, Money Market Tiered, Money Market Access, Classic Checking, Secondary Classic Checking, and Prestige Checking accounts, there is a minimum daily balance required to avoid a service fee for the dividend period. If the minimum daily balance requirement is not met during each day of the dividend period, you will be charged a service fee as stated in the Fee Schedule. For Primary Savings, Secondary Savings, Xtreme Savings, Lasso & Moolah Savings, Holiday Club, Vacation Club, Classic Checking, Secondary Classic Checking, and Prestige Checking accounts, there is a minimum average daily balance required to earn the annual percentage yield disclosed for the dividend period. If the minimum average daily balance requirement is not met, you will not earn the annual percentage yield stated in the Rate Schedule. For Premier Savings, Money Market Savings, Money Market Tiered, Money Market Access, and IRA Money Market accounts, there is a minimum daily balance required to earn the annual percentage yield disclosed for the dividend period. If the minimum daily balance requirement is not met each day of the period, you will not earn the annual percentage yield stated in the Rate Schedule. For accounts using the average daily balance method as stated in the Rate Schedule, dividends are calculated by applying a periodic rate to the average daily balance in the account for the dividend period. The average daily balance is calculated by adding the principal in the account for each day of the period and dividing that figure by the number of days in the period. For accounts using the daily balance method as stated in the Rate Schedule dividends are calculated by applying a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
6. ACCOUNT LIMITATIONS — For Primary Savings, Secondary Savings, Xtreme Savings, Lasso & Moolah Savings, Money Market Savings, Money Market Tiered, and Change is Good accounts, you may make no more than six (6) transfers and withdrawals from your account to another account of yours or to a third party in any month by means of a preauthorized, automatic, or Internet transfer, by telephonic order or instruction, or by check, draft, debit card or similar order. If you exceed these limitations, your account may be subject to a fee or be closed. For these account types, you will be charged a fee as disclosed in the Fee Schedule for any withdrawal in excess of four (4) per calendar month. For Holiday Club accounts, the entire balance will be transferred to another account of yours on or after October 31 and the account will remain open. If you withdraw from your Holiday Club account, you will be charged a fee as disclosed in the Fee Schedule. However, no fee will be charged if the withdrawal occurs within seven (7) days of the date the account is opened. For Vacation Club accounts, the entire balance will be transferred to another account of yours on or after April 30 and the account will remain open. If you withdraw from your Vacation Club account, you will be charged a fee as disclosed in the Fee Schedule. However, no fee will be charged if the withdrawal occurs within seven (7) days of the date the account is opened. For all other account types, no account limitations apply.
7. FEES FOR OVERDRAWING ACCOUNTS — Fees for overdrawing your account may be imposed on each check, draft, item, ATM transaction and one-time debit card transaction (if member has consented to overdraft protection plan for ATM and one-time debit card transactions), preauthorized automatic debit, telephone initiated withdrawal or any other electronic withdrawal or transfer transaction that is drawn on an insufficient available account balance. The entire balance in your account may not be available for withdrawal, transfer or paying a check, draft or item. You may consult the Funds Availability Policy Disclosure for information regarding the availability of funds in your account. Fees for overdrawing your account may be imposed for each overdraft, regardless of whether we pay or return the draft, item or transaction. If we have approved an overdraft protection limit for your account, such fees may reduce your approved limit. Please refer to the Fee Schedule for current fee information.
For ATM and one-time debit card transactions, you must consent to the Credit Union’s overdraft protection plan in order for the transaction amount to be covered under the plan. Without your consent, the Credit Union may not authorize and pay an overdraft resulting from these types of transactions. Services and fees for overdrafts are shown in the document the credit union uses to capture the member’s opt-in choice for overdraft protection and the Schedule of Fees and Charges.
8. MEMBERSHIP — As a condition of membership, you must purchase and maintain the minimum required share(s) as set forth below.
Par Value of One Share $5.00
Number of Shares Required 1
9. RATES — The rates appearing with this Schedule are accurate as of the effective date indicated on this Truth-in-Savings Disclosure. If you have any questions or require current rate information on your accounts, please call the Credit Union.
10. FEES — See separate fee schedule for a listing of fees and charges applicable to your account(s). Please refer to a separate Rate Schedule for the rates, fees and terms applicable to your account at the Credit Union. The Credit Union may change rates for these accounts from time to time.
Truth-In-Savings Certificate Disclosure
Except as specifically described, the following disclosures apply to all of the accounts.
1. RATE INFORMATION — The annual percentage yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of interest to be paid on an account based on the interest rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. The interest rate and annual percentage yield (APY) are stated on the Rate Schedule available at tccu-tx.com and are accurate as of the date of the Rate Schedule. During the term of your Bump Up Certificate account, you may increase the rate one time to the rate currently in effect for accounts of this type with the same term. For accounts subject to interest compounding, the annual percentage yield is based on an assumption that interest will remain on deposit until maturity. A withdrawal of interest will reduce earnings.
2. INTEREST COMPOUNDING AND CREDITING — The compounding and crediting frequency applicable to each account is set forth on a separate Rate Schedule.
3. BALANCE INFORMATION — To open any account, you must deposit or already have on deposit the minimum required share(s) in a Primary Savings account. Some accounts may have additional minimum opening deposit requirements. The minimum balance requirements applicable to each account are set forth on a separate Rate Schedule. For all accounts, interest is calculated by the daily balance method which applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
4. ACCRUAL OF INTEREST — For all accounts, interest will begin to accrue on noncash deposits (e.g. checks) on the business day you make the deposit to your account. For all accounts, if you close your account before accrued interest is credited, accrued interest will not be paid.
5. TRANSACTION LIMITATIONS — For all accounts, your ability to make deposits to your account and any limitations on such transactions are stated on a separate Rate Schedule. After your account is opened, you may make withdrawals subject to the early withdrawal penalties stated below.
6. MATURITY — Your account will mature as stated on a separate Rate Schedule or on your Account Receipt or Renewal Notice.
7. EARLY WITHDRAWAL PENALTY — We may impose a penalty if you withdraw funds from your account before the maturity date.
a. Amount of Penalty. For all accounts, the amount of the early withdrawal penalty is based on the term of your account. The penalty schedule is as follows:
Terms of less than 12 months 90 days’ interest
Terms of 12 months and greater 180 days’ interest
b. How the Penalty Works. The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the interest that has been or would be earned on the account. It applies whether or not the interest has been earned. In other words, if the account has not yet earned enough interest or if the interest has already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal.
c. Exceptions to Early Withdrawal Penalties. At our option, we may pay the account before maturity without
imposing an early withdrawal penalty under the following circumstances:
- When an account owner dies or is determined legally incompetent by a court or other body of competent jurisdiction.
- Where the account is an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) and any portion is paid within seven(7) days after the establishment of the account or where the account is an IRA and the owner attains age 59½ or becomes disabled.
8. RENEWAL POLICY — Your Certificate will automatically renew at maturity. You will have a grace period of seven (7) calendar days after the maturity date to withdraw the funds in your account without being charged an early withdrawal penalty.
9. NONTRANSFERABLE/NONNEGOTIABLE — Your account is nontransferable and nonnegotiable.
10. MEMBERSHIP — As a condition of membership, you must purchase and maintain the minimum required share(s) as set forth below.
Par Value of One Share $5.00
Number of Shares Required 1
Please refer to a separate Rate Schedule for the rates, fees and terms applicable to your account at the Credit Union. The Credit Union may change rates for these accounts from time to time.
USA Patriot Act
Member Identification Requirements
In accordance with Section 326 of the USA Patriot Act, applicants for new accounts are requested to provide current picture identification that verifies identity including name, address and other identifying information.
In some cases, identification will be requested for current members if original documentation was not obtained with the opening of the account. In all cases, protection of our members’ identity and confidentiality is our pledge to you.
We proudly support all efforts to protect and maintain the security of our members and our country.
Drafted September 12, 2022
OUR ONLINE PRIVACY PRACTICES
Keeping financial and personal information secure is one of our most important responsibilities Tarrant County’s Credit Union is committed to protecting the information of our members and other visitors who use our website. We value your trust and handle all personal information with care. As with information we collect through other means, we use the information you provide online to respond to your needs, service your accounts, and provide you with information about other services.
To ensure information remains confidential, Tarrant County’s Credit Union uses encryption technology such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect information you enter and submit from our website.
Regular Internet email is not secure. You should never provide information that is sensitive or confidential such as your social security number, account number or PIN numbers. We also ask that you do not send personal or account Information through regular email.
Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the site. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, pixels, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our website.
LINKING TO OTHER SITES
To provide you with easy access to information, Tarrant County’s Credit Union may provide links to other websites such as mortgage companies, insurance companies, government agencies. These links are provided as a convenience to our members. We do not guarantee or endorse any of the content in these links, and Tarrant County’s Credit Union does not represent either the third party or the member if the two enter into a transaction. The privacy and security policies on these linked websites may differ from those practiced by Tarrant County’s Credit Union. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all websites you visit, especially before providing any personal non-public information.
Many websites and apps use Google services to improve their content. When they integrate Google services, these sites and apps share information with Google. We use Google Analytics to better understand how users are visiting and using our sites. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. Google Analytics collects the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Although Google Analytics plants a cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. You may review further information about how Google Analytics collects and processes data and how to control the information sent to Google at “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services” at google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
TCCU MOBILE APPLICATIONS
TCCU Mobile Applications periodically collect, transmit, and use geolocation information for enabling features such as, but not limited to, card use and alerts to prevent fraudulent activates, but only if the end user expressly authorizes collection of such information. Geolocation information can be monitored on a continuous basis in the background only while the feature(s) are being used or not at all, depending on the end user’s selection. The end user can change his/her/their location permissions at any time in their device settings.
To learn what Tarrant County’s Credit Union does with your personal information please view our Privacy Notice or contact us by mail, phone, or email.
Questions about our products and services? Give us a call at 817-884-1470.